The Lock Screen for Kurio App is pre-installed the Kurio Childrens Tablet. While it may be used by children it should only be set up by their parents or guardians who must be aged 18 or over as we do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 18. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
The Lock Screen for Kurio application (“App”) is operated by IconLogin Limited (“We”/ “Us”/ “Our”), a private company limited by shares, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 07862679 whose registered office is at Blythe Farm, Mill Street, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 3JW, United Kingdom.
ABOUT THE KURIO CHILDRENS TABLET
The Kurio Childrens Tablet (“Kurio Device”) is developed and sold by CIDE INTERACTIVE S.L.U., a Spanish corporation with registered office at Viladecans Business Park, Edificio Brasil, C/ Catalunya, 83-85 Pl.1 B1, 08840 Viladecans, Barcelona, Spain.
The Kurio Device is an educational and fun electronic device used by children where their parents or guardians (“You”/ “Your”) authorise usage by controlling access and setting the usage parameters via a higher level access that gives You overall control of the Kurio Device. The children have their own picture passwords but unlike You they do not have the ability to reset passwords or access the set up parameters.
- the conditions of use the App as set out in section 8;
- the disclaimer as set out in section 7; and
- Our liability to You as set out in section 13.
The App is owned and managed by Us. All information supplied through the App is managed by Us.
We can be contacted by writing to IconLogin Limited, Blythe Farm, Mill Street, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 3JW, United Kingdom or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You acknowledge and agree that the information provided by You to Us is true, accurate and correct.
In order to set up (but not use) the App, You are required to have internet access. We reserve the right to upgrade versions of the App available from time to time to alter functionality of the App.
The App lets You and those children who you authorise to lock/ unlock the Kurio Device using a sequence of 4 Licensed Images (“Picture Password”). The Picture Password will be chosen by You and the children from the 12 Licensed Images that make up each keypad.
In the event that You cannot remember Your Picture Password to access the Kurio Device You will be able to reset it by answering control questions or carrying out a combination of button pressing on the Kurio Device. The reset method will be chosen when You first set up the App on the Kurio Devise.
In the event that the children cannot remember their Picture Password to access the Kurio Devcice they will need You to reset it for them by You answering control questions or carrying out a combination of button pressing on the Kurio Device. The reset method will be chosen when You first set up the App on the Kurio Devise.
You warrant that You will not disclose Your Picture Password to any child or third party at any time for any reason. Should You elect to disclose Your Picture Password to a child or third party any loss or damage that You suffer will be classified as unforeseeable in accordance with section 13.1 and We are not responsible for such loss or damage.
The App and the Licensed Images may be downloaded via the internet and mobile networks or may be pre-installed when the Kurio Tablet is purchased.
When downloaded via the internet operation and availability may be affected by factors outside of Our control at any time for any reason so We do not guarantee that use of or access to the App or the Licensed Images will always be available and/ or uninterrupted.
When it is not pre installed the App will be available on the Google Play Store.
Conditions of use
- download the App onto the Kurio Device;
- when pre installed used App on the Kurio Device;
- be notified of any updates that are available or automatically receive updates depending on how you set up the Kurio Tablet to deal with updates;
- receive updates to the software code of the App via the Google Play Store – these may incorporate patches and corrections of errors as We may provide to You when the Kurio Tablet is connected to the internet via WIFI.
Your right to use the App is personal to You and those children who You authorise. You may not otherwise transfer the App to anyone else for any reason. If You sell or give away the Kurio Device on which the App is pre-installed, You may choose to turn off the App via the App’s Settings menu.
- copy the App except as part of the normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- modify or translate the App in whole or in part, or combine or merge the App with any other object code or program;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, reduce the object code of the App to source code form or create (or attempt to create) derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile the App to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with the App or with another program (“Permitted Objective”), and provided that the information obtained by You during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without Our prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to the App;
is kept secure; and
- is used only for the Permitted Objective;
- distribute, sub-license, assign, share, timeshare, sell, rent, lease, grant a security interest in, use for service bureau purposes, or otherwise transfer the App or Your right to use the App;
- remove, modify, block, disable, obscure or impair any copyright, trademark, images, photographs or other proprietary notices, material or advertising belonging to Us, Our Licensors or other third parties contained within the App;
- the Licensed Images may only be used as part of the App and may not be used independently;
- incorporate the App into another service or website or make it available via framing or mirrors;
- extract any data or metadata from the App nor create any index or database incorporating any part of it;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the App or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any part of the App or enforce limitations on use of the App, in each case other than to exercise Your rights under sections 9.1(a) and 9.1(c);
- do anything that may cause damage to the App;
- carry out any harmful or illegal activities using the App; or
- not infringe any rights (including intellectual property rights) belonging to Us or any third party in relation to Your use of the App;
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to Your use of the App;
- not use the App in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise Our systems or security or interfere with other users;
- comply with the Kurio Tablet and any other applicable third party terms and conditions in respect of Your use of the App; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from the App or attempt to decipher any code embedded in the App.
APP RELATED fees
The App is free and available for download to Kurio Tablets via the Google Play Store or is pre-installed. Any transactions are handled via your Google Play Store account and will be subject to their terms and conditions.
The Licensed Images may be trademarks or copyright images owned by Us or third parties. The Licensed Images include each of the images used as buttons in the keypad as well as logos and other images in the App, on Our website and in related documentation. The term Licensed Images also includes any part of any of the Licensed Images, or any assemblage, deviation, manipulation, modification, screen print or copy of, or derivative work based on or including any of the Licensed Images.
The Licensed Images may only be used as part of the App and may not be used independently.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Circumstances where loss or damage is not foreseeable includes but shall not be limited to:
- any use of the App in a manner that We do not authorise;
- Our removal of the App from the Google Play Store for whatever reason;
- any loss of damage caused by Us in circumstances where there is no breach of contractual obligation or legal duty owed to You by Us;
- any loss or damage caused by any error, bugs or viruses arising in Your use of the App that are not directly caused by or attributable to the App, or any incompatibility of the App with any other software, hardware or material on the Kurio Device;
- any loss or damage caused by Your use of the Kurio Device that are not directly caused by or attributable to the App, or any incompatibility of the App with any other software or material on the Kurio Tablet;
- any breach of section 7 by You; and
- occasions where You cannot obtain good internet access/ WiFi and You have been locked out of the Kurio Device, since You cannot remember the reset button combination or the answers to Your security questions.
The App is for domestic and private use. If You use the App for any commercial, business or resale purpose We will have no liability to You for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If Our provision of support for the App is delayed by an event outside Our control then We will contact You as soon as possible to let You know and We will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided We do this We will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
The App, which is available on the Google Play Store, is controlled and offered by Us from Our facilities in United Kingdom. Where distribution of the App is via the Google Play Store, this is governed by their rules with which We must comply.
We may discontinue licensing any of the Licensed Images at any time at Our sole discretion. In this instance You will be able to continue to use the App with the Licensed Images, while it remains installed on the Kurio Device but We will not accept any liability for You no longer being able to using the same Licensed Images in new Kurio Devices or obtaining support from Us for the discontinued Licensed Images.
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information You send using the App may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
By using the App, You agree to Us collecting and using technical and usage information about the devices You use the App on and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve Our products.
If You think the App is faulty or misdescribed or wish to contact Us for any other reason please email Our customer service team at email@example.com or call them on +44 20 7720 8000.
If We have to contact You We will do so by email using the contact details You have provided to Us.
We may discontinue licensing any of the Licensed Images at any time at Our sole discretion. In this instance You will be able to continue to use the App with the Licensed Images while it remains installed on Your device but it will no longer be available and will no longer be supported by Us.
CHANGES TO THE APP
From time to time and at Our sole discretion We may automatically update the App to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively We may ask You to update the App for these reasons.
Our updates to the App are distributed via the Google Play Store.
If You choose not to install such updates or if You opt out of automatic updates You may not be able to continue using the App.
Transfer of rights
- in Our reasonable opinion, We believe there has been unauthorised access to the App;
- We, at Our sole discretion, decide to withdraw the App (whether in whole or in part);
- We have a legal or regulatory obligation imposed on us, which impacts Our ability to provide the App;
- Our Licensor terminates Our right to use their Licensed Images in the App; or
We may discontinue licensing any of the Licensed Images at any time at Our sole discretion. In this instance You will be able to continue to use the App with the Licensed Images, but it will no longer be available in future versions of the Kurio Device and will no longer be supported by us.
Upon termination for any reason:
- You must uninstall the App from Your device.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.